Monday, January 18, 2010

67th Annual Golden Globes

Tis the season of awards shows. This is one thing I look forward to year after year, even if I haven't seen a majority of the nominations. Since I don't get a chance to see many of the nominations before the awards show, I'm biased when it comes to who I want to win. This time around only a few that I was hoping for made the final cut:

Best Actress in a Television Series, Drama: Julianna Margulies, 'The Good Wife'
Best Screenplay, Motion Picture: 'Up in the Air', Jason Reitman and Sheldon Turner
Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama: Sandra Bullock, 'The Blind Side'

Even though I knew it wasn't probably going to happen, I had my fingers crossed for Joseph Gordon-Levitt and '(500) Days of Summer.' It was great that the film was even nominated, and every time they showed him when they said the nominations he looked so excited just to be there. His previous co-star, John Lithgow, did win for 'Dexter.' Kind of makes me curious about that show.

Like I said before, there were a lot of nominations that I haven't had the chance to see yet. After the awards there are a few I want to take a look at, and that still doesn't include 'Avatar.' Yes, I've heard its praises from practically everyone I know, and it took home Best Director and Best Movie and probably something else, but it still doesn't interest me. Maybe I'll give it a whirl once it comes out on DVD, but for now, the rest of the world can enjoy it without me.

I did also watch the People's Choice Awards about a week and a half ago. I'll post something later about who I wanted to win and who did win. In the meantime, some others to look forward to:

More upcoming awards shows:
SAG Awards - January 23
Academy Awards - March 7

No comments:

Post a Comment