Sunday, January 3, 2010

(500) Days of Summer

"This is not a love story."

And that is the truth. No happy ending just for the sake of having a happy ending.

I generally love independent movies -- they are quirky and different and simply fun to watch, and not made simply to generate millions of dollars.

Haven't seen Joseph Gordon-Levitt in much, besides his time on '3rd Rock from the Sun,' '10 Things I Hate About You,' and 'Brick.' At least that's all I recall seeing him in. Although I just looked him up in IMDb and he was the voice of Jim in 'Treasure Planet'!!!!! Did not know that, but he gets serious, SERIOUS props for that. Love 'Treasure Planet.' =D

Back to (500) Days of Summer, however. I think Joseph Gordon-Levitt deserves a lot more credit than he is given. He has grown into a pretty great actor, and I can't wait to see him in more stuff. I also love Zooey Deschanel. She was perfect for her character, and she and Levitt had perfect chemistry. I also enjoyed Minka Kelly popping in at the end. I'm excited to see her make a bigger step onto the big screen. Again, I'm having a loss at remembering the specifics. I think I'll start the movie again right now while I wait for my luggage, and I'll update live. Woo, I know you're super excited...

Hehe, opening is amusing.

When they put videos or pictures of the people in the movie as kids, I always wonder when it's real and when it's fake. Some of these definitely looked real.

Oh yeah, the creepy dude from 'Garden State.' Awesome. "May 21st: Other Mothers Day." I wonder if people that work for greeting card companies actually think of stuff like that.

(Even though I do enjoy this movie and I would like to continue this updating thing, I'm quitting in 20 minutes, at midnight. I'm super tired and don't need to sleep til 1 again tomorrow.)

The Smiths. I shall be looking them up soon.

Oh, right. Don't know how this part slipped my mind. Levitt's character actually studied to be an architect, and he loves L.A. See, I'm not the only one! Even though he is supposedly fictional...

Haha, anal girl. Definitely does seem kind of wrong out of context. Plenty of amusing one-liners such as this throughout the movie.

Matthew Gray Gubler -- he looks super familiar. IMDb time... Hm, the voice of Simon in 'Alving and the Chipmunks'... But in nothing else where I would have seen him. He is pretty cute though. Although, he is on the show Criminal Minds. I think I've seen that show once, maybe twice, just over Thanksgiving Break. Maybe that's where I recognize him from?

Stupid non-love story love stories. Even though they show you how much love sucks, they still make you want to fall in love anyways. On that note, I'm going to bed. I'll finish this another time. In the meantime, go watch (500) Days of Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment