Thursday, August 12, 2010

Inception

I had made a sort of deal with myself that I wasn't going to go to the movies again until I went out and met some people that I could go to the movies with. Well, since that process has been going fairly slow for me, I just couldn't wait any longer. How can you pass up a Christopher Nolan film (he directed 'The Dark Knight' for those of you who don't know) with a cast as amazing as Leonardo Dicaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Michael Caine. Leo has come a long way from his 'Growing Pains' days, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt the same from his '3rd Rock from the Sun' days. They've both grown tremendously as actors, and have gotten much better looking with age, in my opinion. That definitely adds to the reason to see this movie. Ellen Page was fine -- she still has some maturing to do as an actor. Even with a more serious role, I still picture her with SunnyD and a hamburger phone (and it probably doesn't help that even though she's a year older than me, she still could pass as a 15-year-old).

This movie was very interesting. The entire concept of invading people's dreams, and especially multiple times over, is very cool. There was a perfect mix of action and drama, and I think it could please just about anyone no matter their particular genre preferences. I honestly don't have much to say about the movie itself -- partly because I need to start writing these things much sooner after I see the movie and also because it was so mind-boggling and amazing that I'm left with few words. It's a must-see, even if you wait until it comes out on DVD. Just see it! If you're disappointed then you can blame the time you wasted on me.

I do still wonder about the ending. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just say that it left me flustered.

No comments:

Post a Comment