Monday, August 16, 2010

Daybreakers

Let me start off by saying that is was nice to see some real vampires for a change. Not that there’s anything wrong with the pretty vampires that sparkle, but getting back to the horror of the vampire world is refreshing.

For those of you that aren’t a fan of seriously creepy looking monster-types and a decent amount of gore (but nothing over-the-top in my opinion), be cautious when watching this movie. When these vampires become blood-deprived they turn into ghastly creatures that even I wasn’t too fond of. And I’m the type that usually laughs during horror movies.

Other than the occasional appearance of the creepsters, this movie was very good. The entire concept was interesting and well played out, and the various ways that the concept of humanity was tested was very nice.

And who doesn’t love Willem Dafoe? “Being human in a vampire world is about as safe as bare-backing a $5 whore.” If I were one of the 5% of humans left in 2019 and the rest were vampires, I’d definitely have a less stressful time if Willem Dafoe was there with his perfectly humorous lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment