Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Get Him to the Greek

(On a side note first, I have quite a list going of movies I need to update with. I'll eventually get to some of those.)

One of my first weekends in Santa Fe by myself I couldn't think of much to do, wasn't really sure where to go, so I decided on checking out a movie. The only thing out that looked even halfway decent was 'Get Him to the Greek.' I had a chance to see a free screening of this sometime towards the end of the last semester, but it was the end of the semester and I had lots of other things that needed to be done. And I was pleasantly surprised when I bought my ticket for the movie as matinee prices here are still good until 6pm. Amazing considering ticket prices back home (Boston and Orlando) are only matinee before about 2pm, which is nearly impossible unless you want to see a movie at 10:30 in the morning.

Anywho, I figured I'd enjoy this movie since it was based on characters from 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall', which I loved. In the end, I still like 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' a lot better, but 'Get Him to the Greek' was still amusing and enjoyable. I later found out that some of the more innapropriate scenes were pretty much taken from Russell Brand's real life, but that's not surprising. Aldous Snow basically seems to be Russell Brand magnified on the big screen, just instead of his real-life comedian/actor gig he's a recording artist. I'm still not a huge fan of Jonah Hill though. He can be funny and all, but for me he's missing some kind of comic spark that some of his previous costars have, like Russell Brand or Jason Segel.

My favorite character in the movie, however, was Sergio, played by the one and only Sean Combs/P. Diddy. Whatever you want to call him, I don't really care, but he was pretty awesome. His character also has my favorite line in the movie: "Do you have any idea how many Air Jordans 6 black kids wear?" So stereotypical, but so true. Hilarious.

And I almost forgot! The cameos were great. Particularly the one by Tom Felton.

No comments:

Post a Comment